You’ve been waiting for what feels like forever — watching the snow melt and spotting specks of green. You’ve been patiently counting down the days and anticipating the arrival of the best season of the year: Pool Season!
Temperatures are rising, and summer is a few short weeks away. Now is the time to gear up for the opening of your swimming pool.
But if you’re feeling slightly disheartened by all that muck sitting on your pool cover and can’t fathom how you’re going to what’s beneath it, we can help.
Getting Pool Craft to handle your pool opening means you get certified professionals to complete the job. Our teams open thousands of pools per season, giving you peace of mind that your pool is in good hands.
Not just that, Pool Craft is a member of the Pool & Hot Tub Council of Canada, as well as Landscape Ontario.
We know what we’re doing.
What’s included in a Pool Craft pool opening?
- Pumping off, cleaning and removing your winter cover
- Cleaning and folding away your winter cover
- Getting the filtrations and circulation system ready
- Re-assembling the deck equipment
- Light cleaning of the scum line
- Adding chemicals, including a shock treatment and concentrated algaecides
- Adding metal stain and scale preventers (at additional cost)
- Adding salt (if applicable)
- Starting the pool system or leaving it as is, depending on a few factors.
Five steps to prepare for your pool opening
So you’ve booked your pool opening, now what?
Here’s some information to ensure your pool opening experience with us goes as smoothly as possible.
Firstly, we don’t have set appointment times and we don’t need anyone to be at home to do our job. We send you an email reminder one or two days before your scheduled pool opening date.
We please ask for you to complete the following steps ahead of our arrival:
- Access: Unlock all gates for our crew to enter the pool area.
- Water: Turn all outside water taps on and attach a working hose.
- Parts: Leave all your pool parts, drain plugs and baskets somewhere within easy reach.
- Power: Switch on the electricity to the pool equipment.
- Clean yards: If you have pets, please ensure the yard is clean before we arrive.
Additional pool opening services
As every pool is unique, you may have some additional features that might need attention at the time of the opening, including:
- Spas: Opening and getting your Spillover Spas summer-ready.
- Salt: We provide four bags of salt. Two bags added to the water at the time of opening and two bags left for use throughout the season.
- Heater Start-Up: We’ll arrange for a licensed gas technician to inspect and start the heater to ensure it’s ready and safe for use. This takes place one to three days after the pool has opened.
- Vacuuming: We offer a 60-minute industrial vacuum of pool debris. Please note that an extremely dirty pool or pool with safety covers may be subject to additional charges and/or returned trips. Extreme clean ups prices are per request.
What you need to know after your pool is open
After your pool opening is complete, there are some essential things you need to know.
- Opening checklist: After your opening, you’ll receive a list covering everything completed. We’ll let you know if you need a follow-up appointment.
- Service and repairs: If you need additional service or parts, a Pool Craft team member will be in touch.
- Filling of the pool: It is the homeowner’s responsibility to fill the pool to the proper level. When filled, call us to book a basic or advanced startup.
- Water testing: Once the pool is full and circulated for a minimum of 24 hours, please bring a water sample into our retail store for testing. This will ensure the water is safe and ready for use.
- Salt chlorine generators: All salt systems must be plugged in and set to 0% for chlorine production. Once the water temperature has reached 65°F and there is an adequate amount of salt in the water, you must turn on the salt systems to the desired output.
Call us today to schedule your pool opening
If you’re a Pool Craft platinum customer, you can rest easy as your membership covers pool opening fees, except for parts and repairs. If you’re interested in our platinum program, call us or email.
Ready to book your pool opening? To schedule your opening call our office at 905-884-2720 or email us at email@example.com.